The following players listed below will be RFA’s this summer. The deadline for NHL teams to submit a qualifying offer is July 11, 2022.
RFAs can begin contract talks with rival teams on July 12, 2022. A qualifying offer is needed to retain negotiating rights to that player if they are given an offer sheet from a rival club.
Top 10 NHL RFA’s 2022 who could receive an offer sheet
- Matthew Tkachuk (Calgary Flames)
- Jason Robertson (Dallas Stars)
- Pierre-Luc Dubois (Winnipeg Jets)
- Patrik Laine (Columbus Blue Jackets)
- Josh Norris (Ottawa Senators)
- Kevin Fiala (Minnesota Wild)
- Jesper Bratt (New Jersey Devils)
- Tony DeAngelo (Carolina Hurricanes)
- Noah Dobson (New York Islanders)
- Andrew Mangiapane (Calgary Flames)
Compensation for 2022 offer sheets
|2022 NHL OFFER SHEET||DRAFT CHOICE(S)|
|$1,386,490 or below||None|
|Over $1,386,490 to $2,100,742||Third-round pick|
|Over $2,100,742 to $4,201,488||Second-round pick|
|Over $4,201,488 to $6,302,230||First-round pick, Third-round pick|
|Over $6,302,230 to $8,402,975||First-round pick, Second-round pick, Third-round pick|
|Over $8,402,975 to $10,503,720||2 First-round picks|
|Over $10,503,720||4 First-round picks|
The NHL only saw one offer sheet last year and that was to Montreal Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi. The Habs did not match the Carolina Hurricanes offer of $6.1-million to Kotkaniemi. Montreal received two draft picks from Carolina, a first- and a third-rounder for 2022 NHL Entry Draft.