With free agent frenzy over and NHL Trade Rumors have died down until the season starts, what free agents are still available? Here is a top 10 list of players still available.
- Tim Thomas – Thomas is a competitor, and if a club has the guts to take a chance on him, he could still be a top-10 starter in the league.
- Damien Brunner – Brunner scored 26 points in 44 games as an NHL rookie. The 27-year-old added another nine points in the Wings’ two-round playoff run.
- Brenden Morrow – Morrow’s camp reached out to the Montreal Canadiens, but there is no word yet if the Habs are considering signing the veteran. Morrow has, however, been in talks with the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Ilya Bryzgalov – A fresh start behind a more defensively sound squad could be recipe for a resurgence.
- Brad Boyes – Boyes should land somewhere soon. On the right line, he still has 60-point potential.
- Mikhail Grabovski – He will go to a team who favours his 25-goal potential, quicksilver speed and fearless rushes into the opposition’s zone.
- Teemu Selanne – The 43-year-old Selanne has yet to announce his return for 2013-14, but we think he’ll take another spin with the Ducks.
- Ryan Whitney – Not only can he contribute offensively, but under the right system, we could see him return to the plus-13 player he was in 2010-11.
- Ron Hainsey – There has been a lot of interest in Winnipeg Jets defenceman Ron Hainsey over the last few weeks.
- Mason Raymond – J.P Barry says Raymond has lots of interest but market value is not there yet. Barry says he will be patient.
Best of the rest UFA’s:
Forwards: Vinny Prospal, Peter Mueller, Steve Sullivan, Nik Antropov, Simon Gagne, Kyle Wellwood, Milan Hejduk
Defencemen: Tom Gilbert, Douglas Murray, Ian White, Wade Redden
Goaltenders: Jose Theodore, Johan Hedberg
I think Brad Boyes would be a great pick-up for any team. I am surprised the Islanders have not re-signed him!