USA Today: Here are 6 forwards the Chicago Blackhawks could trade for to replace the injured Patrick Kane.
- Antoine Vermette (Arizona Coyotes): He is considered the best all-around forward in the marketplace because he can score, check and win big faceoffs. He has scored 13 goals this season, and had 24 last season. The issue here is that the Coyotes are looking for a hefty return.
- Jaromir Jagr (New Jersey Devils): Wouldn’t he be interesting in Chicago’s high-powered offense? The Blackhawks are a speed team, and that’s not Jagr’s game. But he still can play a creative ‘half-court’ game. He has a $3.5 million cap hit. It’s always intriguing to consider adding one of the greatest players in NHL history.
- Michael Ryder (New Jersey Devils): He’s a five-time 20-goal scorer in the NHL and he has a cap hit of $3.5 million. He had one exceptional playoff run with the Boston Bruins in 2011 when they won the Stanley Cup.
- Curtis Glencross (Calgary Flames): Injuries always are a concern for Glencross, but he’s a spunky veteran with 20-goal seasons on his resume. His cap hit is only $2.55 million.
- Chris Stewart (Buffalo Sabres): He’s 220 pounds, and he has been a 30-goal scorer in this league. His cap hit is high at $4.1 million.
- Tomas Fleischmann (Florida Panthers): He has seven goals this season, but he’s been a 27-goal scorer in the past. His $4.5 million cap hit is a problem.
Read all the latest NHL Trade rumors by clicking here
Click here for all team salary cap information