Five Potential Trade Destinations for William Nylander
Sportsnet: Rory Boylen reports with William Nylander still without a contract, he is less than a month away from the cut-off date when he either needs to sign a deal or will be ineligible to play in the NHL this season.
Here are five possible trade destinations Nylander could get traded to:
- Carolina Hurricanes: The most obvious choice. Carolina needs scoring and Toronto needs defence, so naturally they look like good trade partners on paper. Players the TorontoMaple Leafs could target: Brett Pesce, Justin Faulk, Valentin Zykov
- Los Angeles Kings: The Kings have the least-productive offence in the league. The fact that Nylander could potentially become a centre one day helps the Kings, as they could move Jeff Carter back to the wing. Players the Leafs could target: Jake Muzzin, Tanner Pearson, Kale Clague, Rasmus Kupari
- Philadelphia Flyers: The Flyers were a “stealth team” for Nylander and have pieces Toronto would want if they decide to trade him.Players the Leafs could target: Shayne Gostisbehere, Travis Sanheim, Philippe Myers, Robert Hagg
- Minnesota Wild: Minnesota is one of the league’s oldest teams with an average age of 29 and you can see why a flashy 22-year-old with back-to-back 60-point seasons would be an enticing target.Players the Leafs could target: Jonas Brodin, Jared Spurgeon, Matt Dumba
- Anaheim Ducks: GM Bob Murray usually goes about his business quietly and seems like a GM who could be in the market for a player of Nylander’s type. Murray spoke about the need for his team to get faster in 2018-19. There were no additions made over the summer to achieve that, which makes Nylander an intriguing option.Players the Leafs could target: Brandon Montour, Josh Manson, Josh Mahura, Troy Terry, Max Jones